Speed limiters from 7th July 24.

All Ford Puma related discussions
the radman

Post by the radman »

why would unregisetred cars need it retro fitted? if they were manufactured before its compulsory then it wont apply to them

Deleted User 2219

Post by Deleted User 2219 »

Manufactured May 2023.

IMG_0107.jpeg

Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

ReadOnly wrote: ↑Thu May 30, 2024 1:01 pm Manufactured May 2023.
I'm not sure what point you are making? :)
It has already been established that all Pumas gave a speed limiter that is activated by pressing a button.
In fact this technology predates the Puma by many years.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 2219

Post by Deleted User 2219 »

Ron240 wrote: ↑Thu May 30, 2024 1:14 pm
ReadOnly wrote: ↑Thu May 30, 2024 1:01 pm Manufactured May 2023.
I'm not sure what point you are making? :)
It has already been established that all Pumas gave a speed limiter that is activated by pressing a button.
In fact this technology predates the Puma by many years.

Rude, I thought that this was a welcoming community. :cry:
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Looks like you frightened another one off Ron... :lol:
Not sure which bit was rude....Sensitive. :?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Sparks wrote: ↑Thu May 30, 2024 5:07 pm Not sure which bit was rude....Sensitive. :?
Your guess is as good as mine on that one Sparks. :shock:
MadTruckeer

Post by MadTruckeer »

Morning all.
We've already got automatic speed limiters on Sheffield rds.....potholes!!!
Ford Puma 1.0 EcoBoost Hybrid mHEV 155 Vivid Ruby Ed 5dr DCT
Standard =Winter pack,powered tailgate, park assist,B&O,Wireless charger,Auto cruise control.....
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Says EU have had this since 2022......I can assure you it has had little effect in Italy :D

Should really call it speed assist. Limiter makes it sound like a hard limit like you get on restricted bike licences.....

Doesn't really seem that different to now in the short term, except it is on when you start driving by default. Just adds a button press to the routine of "lock doors/start-stop off/lane keeping off" haha. Not that I'll be getting a new car anytime soon.
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
KevC

Post by KevC »

I tried the LIM button for the first time ever at the weekend out of interest. Blimey that thing is damn dangerous. I was on a slip road on to a 50mph dual carriageway and just could have done with a couple more mph to slot in a little more easily and it just stops you accelerating. How on earth is that safe to fit?
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

KevC wrote: ↑Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:09 am I tried the LIM button for the first time ever at the weekend out of interest. Blimey that thing is damn dangerous. I was on a slip road on to a 50mph dual carriageway and just could have done with a couple more mph to slot in a little more easily and it just stops you accelerating. How on earth is that safe to fit?
I do not use it but like yourself have tried it to see how it works. It is a strange experience when sitting at the present limit then coming into a lower one. :)
It does exactly what its meant to do by setting the limit for the road you are on and will not let the car accelerate beyond this limit, so knowing this you should be selective when you use it.
I can see how it could be beneficial in for example an average speed camera section of road.