Insurance companies

All Ford Puma related discussions
Snack_Shack
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Snack_Shack »

My renewal went up by £150 last month. :( I used the Quidco comparison tool and found a quote that was a £100 less (Churchill with £0 voluntary excess) and I got £45 cashback for going through Quidco. Unfortunately it wasn't any less than last year but pleased not to be paying the £150 more. This is an interesting read though: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68349396

User avatar
Ron240
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:01 pm
Location: Fife

Post by Ron240 »

Snack_Shack wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:21 pm I used the Quidco comparison tool and found a quote that was a £100 less (Churchill with £0 voluntary excess)
How much is your compulsory excess?
This is the important one because it is set by your insurer and cannot be changed.
Voluntary is an amount you choose to pay in addition to the compulsory excess.
I never take any voluntary excess because it is not cost effective for me.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Snack_Shack
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Snack_Shack »

Ron240 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:07 pm
Snack_Shack wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:21 pm I used the Quidco comparison tool and found a quote that was a £100 less (Churchill with £0 voluntary excess)
How much is your compulsory excess?
This is the important one because it is set by your insurer and cannot be changed.
Voluntary is an amount you choose to pay in addition to the compulsory excess.
I never take any voluntary excess because it is not cost effective for me.
£150 compulsory, which I was pleased with.
Smartguy67
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:26 pm
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire

Post by Smartguy67 »

Just moving onto a Puma and best I could get was £268 for the 155PS Vignale. I thought it strange that the ST Line X 125PS was £33 more !

Age = 62 no claims or convictions, driver + spouse

The Mokka we are part exchanging was only £130.15 which I thought was a mistake.

Priced on Go Compare.
2024 Ford Puma 1.0 Vignale 155PS DCT, Grey Matter

2015 Kuga Titanium 2.0 150 Manual, Retro Fitted Sync3 with 3.4 software, F12 maps.
User avatar
Ron240
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:01 pm
Location: Fife

Post by Ron240 »

Smartguy67 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:25 pm Just moving onto a Puma and best I could get was £268 for the 155PS Vignale.
I think that's a very good price in the current climate.
I am a bit confused by your car though, because your signature says its a 2023 model on a 24 plate. :(
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Smartguy67
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:26 pm
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire

Post by Smartguy67 »

Ron240 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:43 pm
Smartguy67 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:25 pm Just moving onto a Puma and best I could get was £268 for the 155PS Vignale.
I think that's a very good price in the current climate.
I am a bit confused by your car though, because your signature says its a 2023 model on a 24 plate. :(
I live in a little village so guess that has a factor.

I put 2023 because I am buying a stock car which according to the sales print out is a Q4 2023. I have actually chosen a different car now and will check the build date when I get it. I will change my signature as it may cause some confusion.
2024 Ford Puma 1.0 Vignale 155PS DCT, Grey Matter

2015 Kuga Titanium 2.0 150 Manual, Retro Fitted Sync3 with 3.4 software, F12 maps.
Smartguy67
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:26 pm
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire

Post by Smartguy67 »

Ron240 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:43 pm
Smartguy67 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:25 pm Just moving onto a Puma and best I could get was £268 for the 155PS Vignale.
I think that's a very good price in the current climate.
I am a bit confused by your car though, because your signature says its a 2023 model on a 24 plate. :(
I changed my signature now.

We have an insurance company advertising on the Kuga forum I am a member of who has helped a few of our members with getting a better insurance deal. The best he could do on the Puma was £410. I checked today the quote I got from Go Compare running it through as a separate quote and it's already gone up by £1.26. Insurance really can be a con but I know how it works. Our policy expires at the end of May so will transfer the Puma onto the existing policy and then review it on May 1st and buy it then to start 30 days after. It's with the same company.
2024 Ford Puma 1.0 Vignale 155PS DCT, Grey Matter

2015 Kuga Titanium 2.0 150 Manual, Retro Fitted Sync3 with 3.4 software, F12 maps.
User avatar
Stoopo
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 12:50 pm
Location: York

Post by Stoopo »

I’m expecting mine to rise too but your postcode also has a huge bearing on the price. I’m YO24 which I think is a decent area. However I’m sure Tesco will increase it enough for me to shop around. I always go through TopCashback so get at least £40 back after a few months. They paid me it twice last year 😏

£203 last August with full NCD, clean license and age 68.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Post Reply